Tuesday

World Read Aloud Day is March 6, 2013


I'm celebrating World Read Aloud Day again this year. You can celebrate World Read Aloud Day too! Here's a link with ideas.

I first found out about World Read Aloud Day in 2011. I celebrated by telling my three children about the day, and we read aloud together at home.

In 2012 I was asked to be a World Read Aloud Day advocate and spread the word about World Read Aloud Day online and in my community. I held two local events with autographed book drawings and gave away World Read Aloud Day bookmarks. Two of my children read aloud at our public library. Here's a video of our library event.

I'll be at the library at 10:30 Wednesday March 6th during regular story time to read and give away a signed copy of Light Up the Night and bookmarks. I'll be delivering books donated by the Junior League of Billings to the Friendship House with my children in the afternoon. We will celebrate World Read Aloud Day by telling kids in the after school program about the day and giving away bookmarks.

A friend from the Junior League of Billings helped me celebrate World Read Aloud Day at the library and at the Friendship House. Here are two pictures she took of the day. Thanks Kelli!

This is my daughter reading What a Bad Day by Mercer Mayer to children at the Friendship House.  I was so proud of her. She was confident and read with expression! Way to go Hailey! Thank you to my sons for helping carry in book donations and celebrating World Read Aloud Day as a family! 

Here's a picture of me reading an autographed copy of Light Up the Night by Jean Reidy at the library. We gave away the book in a drawing. Thank you Jean Reidy for sending an autographed copy of your amazing book to celebrate World Read Aloud Day!


Happy World Read Aloud Day! 





Share/Bookmark

No comments: