Tuesday

Kids Books



How do you find good books for kids?

Scholastic Book Wizard
Find a Book
Read Kiddo Read

(Please share a site you use to find books for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, early readers, preteens, and teens in a comment to help me and readers of this blog find books for kids.)

My kids are all readers. They are 9, 9, and 11.

I have wonderful memories of reading to them as babies, toddlers, and preschoolers. I've packed away our favorite books from these years.


Making sure all my children have a book that keeps them interested in reading is important to me.
My nine year old son is the hardest to help find books. Sometimes if I read the first chapter or two he gets hooked on a book. The last book I helped him find didn't hold his interest. He came home yesterday with a book he likes. Lunch Money by Andrew Clements. His favorite books are action adventure books with boy main characters.

My nine year old daughter was into reading a series called Sister's Eight. She's a twin. She enjoyed reading about octuplet sisters. She enjoys adventure stories with girl main characters.

My eleven year old son has been into fantasy and science fiction books. His favorite books a year ago were Animorphs. Recently he is enjoying some realistic fiction books. He leans toward adventure and action packed books. He's reading some historical fiction books in school.



Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog. Have your seen the site www.readkiddoread.com? It was created by James Patterson, yes the famous author of the Alex Cross series, Cross Fire, and so many other great novels. He created this from personal experience of trying to motivate his own son to read and love books. I had the pleasure a few years ago to attend a workshop given by Judy Freeman, one of the book reviewers for ReadKiddoRead. I personally used this site to find books for my own son to read as well as for my students.

Parent and Child Reading Assistance said...

Thanks for sharing this great site, wingover2. I have used it to find books too. Thanks for reminding me of this. I'm going to edit my post to add this resource. How cool that you were able to attend a workshop by a reviewer. Helping our own kids find books is so important. My kids are picky readers. When we find books they love, I don't ever have to remind them to read.