Tuesday

Teaching Letters and Phonemes

Teaching phonemes along with letters will set your child up for reading success. Here's a great article from Reading Rockets to get you started.


Tips for Teaching Your Child Phonemes




Phonemes can be represented by one letter or more than one letter. The oo in the words moo, boom, doodle, hoo and choo are great words to introduce a child to this concept. The ur in burp and slurp are in this book too.


The picture I added to this post is the last pages of the book Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? by Dr. Suess. It's the book I used to introduce my oldest to letters working together.


Here's a link to a page from my blog with links to teach and practice letters.
Learning Letter Websites

Head over to my website for more information for parents helping their children with reading.
Parent and Child Reading Assistance

Share/Bookmark

No comments: