Wednesday

Practice Stretching Sounds to Read Words

Currently I'm tutoring a student with reading once a week. Here is an activity we did together today. The videos show me using magnetic letters. My student's mom chose to use the book page without magnetic letters to practice stretching and blending sounds to read words from p.59 in Phonics Pathways: Clear Steps to Easy Reading and Perfect Spelling at home. We'll continue to use magnetic letters during tutoring sessions. This book is a great resource for easy quick reading practice. I used Phonics Pathways to teach my daughter to stretch sounds and read words.







Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Great technique, I really like the idea of using magnetic letters to help a child stretch the letters. Thanks for sharing =)

Parent and Child Reading Assistance said...

Thanks MaryAnne! I hope you give it a try with your little ones when they are ready. =)