Thursday

Teach Basic Phonics Rules with Hop on Pop

Many parents have shared with me that Dr. Seuss books helped teach their children to read. Many parents specifically mentioned the book Hop on Pop .

Hop on Pop is available as an Andriod app Hop on Pop - Dr. Seuss
and an iphone app Hop on Pop - Dr. Seuss - Oceanhouse Media .


This post will teach the VC and CVC phonics rules.
You may want to visit another recent post I shared that teaches the CV phonics rule. 

The V stands for vowels and the C stands for consonants (all letters that aren't vowels).

CV pattern words usually have a long vowel sound.
VC pattern words usually have a short vowel sound.
CVC pattern words usually have a short vowel sound.

Here's one video showing how I teach with magnetic letters and sounding out words from the pages 26 -27 of Hop on Pop. You can search for more words and practice like I show in the video or develop your own way of teaching basic phonics with Hop on Pop.



Did you get a chance to watch the video?
I shared some advice about body-coda blending and stop sounds.

Thanks for reading this post. I hope you are getting some helpful advice. Feedburner can send you all my new posts if you like. Find the Feedburner box in the top right corner of this page. It's free to subscribe.


Share/Bookmark

No comments: