Thursday

PBS Kids Raising Readers


Are you looking for an online learning site to help get a child ready to read?


PBS Kids Island might be the free online learning site you need.
PBS Kids Raising Readers is a national literacy campaign. It's part of an initiative called Ready To Learn. It focuses on building reading skills at home, at school, in child care, and in the community.

Visit the PBS Kids Raising Readers website's about page to learn more about it. I noticed there is a child tracker option. I have not seen a child tracker option in a reading program available for free. I'm in the process of reviewing K5 Learning right now. It includes a progress tracking system.

I'm adding PBS Kids Raising Readers website to my Reading Resources page today. I hope you check it out soon. It looks like a child has to earn tickets to move on to the more difficult games. I don't have the patience to play all the easy games and I don't have a beginning reader in my home. I'd love it if some readers of my blog would try this out and let me know your experiences with the site in a comment.

You can help me decide whether or not to recommend this online reading game in the future. Thanks!






Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Thanks for writing about this - I'll have to look into it for my daughter =)

Ms. Tonya said...

This looks great. My girls love playing educational games online so I went and signed up. They are both beginning readers and will love playing these games. Thanks for sharing!

Jackie H. said...

Cool. My son loves pbs kids games and sesame street games so I bet he'd love these too. Awesome that it has a child tracker. love pbs.