Friday

Babies and Toddlers Love Books!

Finding good books and reading often helps young children love reading! A love of reading starts early. It may seem silly to read to a baby, but babies love books!



I read to my children often and early. We bought many of our books used and checked out books at the library. Some of my best memories are of times reading with my babies. I've been doing a little work organizing my family videos. I found two I'd like to share with you.

Here's a video of my oldest son finding a book for me to read to him.


Here's a video of my oldest son pretend reading a favorite book.


These days toddlers are getting many of their stories from apps. Oceanhouse Media has many of my favorite children's books available as apps. The books produced as apps stay true to the original stories I love. Oceanhouse Media is producing some high quality apps for children's books.

Click on this picture to visit a link to Amazon for an Android App of Hop on Pop by Oceanhouse Media. Once you get to Amazon, look for more apps in the Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought section for more great apps for kid books.


Here's a page with links to iPod Touch, iPad, and iPhone apps for children's books I recommend.
I'm working on some posts that include teaching activites you can do before and after using popular children's book apps from Oceanhouse Media.

Stay tuned. The next posts are going to be fun.

If you aren't into apps yet, don't worry. Regular books will work for these upcoming posts too.





Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Wise Owl Factory said...

Michelle. I so agree that babies love books and should be read to often and early. How clever to incorporate learning around an app. Thank you so much. Carolyn

maryanne @ mama smiles said...

I'm always amazed at how early on my kids get into books - makes for a great way to spend time with a baby and older siblings all together, too!

interview techniques said...

Even though toddlers are frequently on the move, they need books as much as babies do. Resist the urge to quiz your child on letters, colors, or numbers. Instead, choose toddler books that introduce basic themes and invite conversation.