Friday

There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly by Simms Taback


Watch this video to learn about the making of this book.


Here's Simms Taback's official site. I found this video and learned about this amazing author at the beginning of this year. He died December 25, 2011. He will forever live on in his work and the hearts of his loved ones. His site is a beautiful tribute to his work. I hope you take some time to learn about him.

There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly by Simms Taback would be a good book to choose to read for World Read Aloud Day. Click on the link to learn more ways you can celebrate.

Here's a video of There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly by Simms Taback.




Do you own this book?

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Christine Bowman said...

Thanks for writing about this wonderful author. I will definitely buy this book!

sarah said...

It is great to know that we have someone like you who advocate the power of reading.

More power!

Jackie H. said...

I do own that book! And I love it! I used to use it to teach the food chain in fourth grade!