Friday

Phonogram Videos


Beginning readers benefit from learning more than one letter phonograms early. Phonograms are defined as one or more letters that represent a sound. Lately on most Fridays I make a Phonogram Friday post for anyone interested in teaching phonograms. Here's a post with free common two letter phonogram flashcards for you to print and use.  
Here are some videos you may find useful if you are teaching phonograms.
















Here's a link to Bioline Educational Resources' blog Teaching Ella to Read.









I found a post that suggests teaching babies and toddlers phonograms and words. If a toddler shows interest in learning the alphabet, I think teaching more than one letter phonograms would be a good idea too. I suggest allowing a child to practice and really learn a few letters and phonograms at a time. Here's a post I made showing ways you may want to teach and practice letters and phonograms. Phonograms and Blends

Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Deb Chitwood said...

These are great ... thanks so much for sharing the videos! I love the work you do with teaching reading! Deb @ LivingMontessoriNow.com

Michelle said...

Thank you, Deb! Comments like yours keep me motivated to post. Your print shop and blog are helping many educators. Congrats on being in the top 25 Homeschooling Blogs at Circle of Moms!

The Book Chook said...

This is an excellent bunch of videos and links to support parents. Thanks Michelle!

artsy_momma said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. What a great post.... these look awesome. I am going to have to check this out and the babies thrur toddlers one as well when I get back from vacation (leaving tonite). My 3 year old LOVES doind the sounds of the alphabet.... this is perfect!