Wednesday

Stylish Blogger Award


Katie Smith from First is a Fairytale gave me the Stylish blogger Award. I'm honored. I love Katie's blog. I hope you take a look. There's also a link to her blog and some of my other favorite blogs in my sidebar. You can check out the latest posts of my favorite blogs in my sidebar anytime. I should do some updating. If you have a literacy related blog and would like me to add it to my blog list, let me know in a comment.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award

2. Share 7 things about yourself

3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers

4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
Seven things about me:
1. I taught as a substitute teacher for four years. (Finding a teaching job in my area is competitive.)
2. I taught with School District #2 as a second grade teacher, third grade teacher, and Reading Recovery teacher for four years.
3. I chose to stay home with my three children in 2003. Infant twins, a two year old, a full time teaching job, and a traveling husband wasn't a combination that offered sanity.
4. I loved staying home with my children and feel fortunate that we were able to make it work.
5. I began researching best practices to teach reading and found my passion.
6. I currently volunteer as a reading tutor to two students at my children's school, tutor one child from my home, consult with one parent from my home, write this blog, and write at Squidoo.
7. I haven't had one yet, but I'm preparing to have in home Beginning Reading Help parties. A person hosts it at their home, invites their friends, and gets a percentage of the sales for their own purchases. I sell products I've listed on the link at the top of this blog. I'm working on making some of my own materials and writing a how to teach a child to read book.


Blogs:













Ready Set Read 2 Me
Vote in a Reader's Choice Award for this blog.
It takes less than a minute.
Please help out my friend.
She's in second place.
Your vote matters!
Thanks!
http://familyinternet.about.com/b/2011/02/11/2011-readers-choice-awards-vote-for-best-live-and-learn-parenting-blog.htm

Letter Soup

Teach with Picture Books

Wow! That's a lot of blogs. I'm off to contact these bloggers. I hope my readers take a peek and maybe follow a few new blogs today. Did you find a new blog to love? Let us know in a comment!

Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

The Book Chook said...

Michelle, even though I don't "do" awards, I sincerely appreciate getting them. It's an honour to be mentioned in such great company!

Dr. Madeline Boskey said...

Thanks, Michelle! Now I have some work to do . . .

Michelle said...

I understand. These awards are nice, but they take time. Sometimes making a post about an award doesn't fit in with a blog theme either.

There is no pressure on anyone I nominated. These are a little like a chain letter, which I don't do.

I got an award awhile back and didn't do anything with it. I thought I'd give this one a try. I really like the blogger who awarded it and had the time.

Thanks for your response, Book Chook. I hope you find new followers on your great blog!

Erin @ Letter Soup said...

Thanks, Michelle! I'm flattered to be on your list! I don't post about awards either, but I'll be linking to you next week in a post featuring my We Teach friends!

Jackie H. said...

Thanks for the shout out, Michelle!!! I really appreciate it! We'll see if I can catch that winner. Thanks for the award too. I always intend to do awards but then I forget to post about them but I'll try to remember this time. (Oh, and sometimes I don't follow all the rules but I always link back to the person who gave them out ;)