Friday

Books With Rhyme: Phonological Awareness Friday


Welcome to Phonological Awareness Friday. The ability to hear and make rhymes is an important pre-reading skill.
Listening to books with rhyme early and often will develop a child's sense of rhyme. Here are a few of my family's favorite rhyming books.

Barnyard Dance
Commotion in the Ocean
Counting Crocodiles
Dazzling Diggers
Do Pirates Take Baths?
Goodnight Moon
Hop on Pop
If I Ran the Zoo
Is Your Mama a Llama?
Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?
Pigs APlenty, Pigs Galore
Rumble in the Jungle
Sheep in a Jeep
Sheep on a Ship
Sheep in a Shop
Some Dogs Do
There's a Wocket in My Pocket

Try pausing before reading a rhyming word and see if your child can say the rhyming word after a story has been read a few times. Children usually love rhyming books and want them read again and again.
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Jackie H. said...

Great list. I love Is your Momma a Llama? It has great compound word rhymes.
My son is really in to Green Eggs and Ham right now. Sometimes we'll do a high five for a rhyming word in a book.

Jackie H. said...

Hey, I just linked back to this list of rhyming words in my latest post.
http://readysetread2me.blogspot.com/2010/12/its-rhyme-time.html